Wednesday, April 26, 2017

52 in the Year of 52 --- #hike15 --- Around the Town - 1st AT Training Hike

Ok well its on!!! 
We are 8 weeks away from section hiking the first 150 miles of the Appalachian Trail!!!

I am a wee bit anxious...lots of details to cover, reading everything I can get my hands on...

Flights...done!
Staying the first night before the hike @HikerHostel check them out, super nice and accommodating.

Taking Milli out for the training hike, staying close to home, just in case...

I have about 20lbs on my back, she has about 10. We haven't bought anything new yet, trying to see what we need and feel comfortable carrying first.

Around Town 
7.6 miles
Lots of traffic --- three people, including a motorcyclist asked us if we needed a ride!! Thank you!!! Kindness makes our day...
No poles
2.5 hours

Note to A**Hole drivers --- give us room!!!!!!!!! I can guarantee you are not going anywhere where they would celebrate you for running over a hiking mama and her kid!!!!!!!

Enjoy our smiles!

All hiking, packing and food advice welcomed!


Smiles for miles!

 Milli trying out my old boots...stay tuned

 Lesson for the day...pack less!


Still going...maybe a few whines...

No comments:

Post a Comment