Tuesday, May 30, 2017

52 in the Year of 52 --- #hike19 --- Long Path Trail Section



What I love most about getting outside, is planning getting outside! 

What I mean is, it is so much fun to visit my AllTrails or Hiking Project apps or the NYNJTC.org site to find hikes. 

We are so lucky to have the preserved land we do.

This week I flew solo, my AT hiking partner chose to sleep in! By the way, she won't have that option in a few weeks...everyday will be a hiking day come June 11th!

Long Path Trail is a trail that actually spans 358 miles starting at 175th Street in NYC to Albany, NY. 

I chose to drop in at Piermont, NY. What an awesome town, cute shops, cafes and tons of street cyclists.

Long Path Trail Section --- Piermont
HIGHLY recommend visiting NYNJTC.org for directions to start here. A little dicey navigating trail entrance.
Poles at times (had a spill...)
Water & mud
From towns to cemetery to rocky climbs 
11 miles out and back
3 1/2 hours
Good elevation gain
Although I took this at the end of my hike...This is where you start...don't mind the black eye...I took a spill downhill

Tumble hill! 
Black eye...no worries!
 
Big walk through Rockland Cemetery 
Hiking bun toppling me over...


A little street walking...

Some good climbs...

Some water traps along the way...
 


NY NJ Trail Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment