Wednesday, May 31, 2017

52 in the Year of 52 --- #hike21 --- Naugatuck Trail


Well I rarely hike a trail I don't love to hike! The Saugatuck Trail was another CT treasure and I highly recommend it.

The reservoir is beautiful, the trail is well marked and challenging and there is lots of connecting trails and distance to travel.

I was solo again, my AT partner studying for exams...

We are only two weeks away from our AT section hike, we are busy preparing, packing, repacking and asking everyone for advice.

My mind started wandering on this hike as I started so I forgot to start Strava and then I overshot my turn near the end...all in all though, I will be coming back to the Saugatuck Trail.

Saugatuck Trail, Weston, CT
No poles
3.5 hours
Some challenging ups and downs
Beautiful scenery
Print out the map from the web site
Well marked
Water & mud

Limited parking...get there early
Swamp, forest, rocks...this trail has it all...

Talk about a monkey on my back...
So many trails to explore & the flowers were enchanting

Well I did veer off onto TNC's devils den trail for a little looky lou from the great ledge!
water and mud...a springtime combo!



No comments:

Post a Comment