Sunday, March 12, 2017

52 in the Year of 52 --- #hike11 --- Devil's Den

I feel like I have been here before...the preserve and often the Devils Den! 

From 85 to 25! What a difference a week makes...location location location...

This hike is a good reminder to try to tussle up some friends when I hike. Although I do like my hiking solitude at times, there are those others when a buddy would calm your mind...

Well maybe 25 degree weather and fear of shrinkage kept this fellow at home today...
Yikes! #keepcalmandhikeon 

This is a beautiful preserve! Of course I did get a bit lost, par for my course. But once I finished I understood the trail better.

Hint: Pent Trail starts behind the TNC sign and the Laurel Trail starts where you park your car. But maybe you already knew that! 

Devil's Den Preserve, Weston, CT 
Owned and operated by The Nature Conservancy - what a treasure.
Poles used
Snow on the ground
Blazes on trees and well marked trail junctions 
Rocky (took a few spills) 
Went out on Laurel T.
Trail junctions: 
21,22,27,30,31,66,64,63,56/58,59,60,62,60,59,56/58,55,54,52,49,44,9,7,3,21
Sun shining 
18-23 degrees

Here come the selfies...
Getting my bearings and learning about the Nature Conservancy 
Map in hand! 
Blue bird day...
Of course I need to walk on every puddle frozen over...testing...
Made it up to Redding Great Ledge for some vistas! 
Streams galore...plenty of well maintained bridges, wooden walkways...but I like taking the path less traveled...😛
Ok, well this time I had no choice...
More of this, sunshine, snow and peaceful solitude... #hikeon


No comments:

Post a Comment