Friday, March 17, 2017

52 in year of 52 --- #hike12a --- Nosara Civic Trails

Another way to love Nosara is to hike Nosara! 

I took a day off from surfing and made it a two hike kinda day! 

1st up --- solo hike...Thanks to the Nosara Civic Association!  They have started blazing and marking hiking/walking/biking trails to give locals and visitors alike suggested routes to explore the flora and fauna of Nosara and take in a deeper appreciation of this special utopia. 

I almost did a little bit of each the "sections". I left my hotel, Harmony, at 6:15am and returned by 10:15am...I left early because of the sun! Next time I will start even earlier so I can catch the sunrise!! 

Nosara Civic Trails
Visit their web site to get a map:
http://www.nosaracivicassociation.com/trails 
I brought water, wore tons of sunblock, hat, back pack, sun shirt, long tights, and hiking boots...yes another trip with my boots in tow! It's dry season, so trails and roads are dusty and boots work well.
No poles needed, although I packed them
Traveled trails in sections: started J to G to C to A to R to D to L then back to C to D to H to G to J
Map will give you guidelines, but if you blaze your own trail, no worries just keep the fantastical Nosara beach hotel as a reference. 
4 hours
Easy hike, really a great way to see Nosara on foot

Nosara Beach Hotel --- my fantastical landmark...
Look for these trail markers! 
Traveling up the road towards Boca Rio Nosara...big tree down
Boca Rio Nosara...I think! 😜 Lots of birds fishing for breakfast
Jungle! Lots of butterflies and birds
A view of Reserve Biologica Lagarta...
View from other side of the trail...my fantastical marker in the distance! 
Down the hill and across the main road to Cruce Pelada on my way to Bioparque Marcel Schaerer...
Opening to the bio parque
Met up with a NCA trail tour with Phillipe! Awesome to tag onto his tour for a bit and learn more about the bio diversity of Nosara. 
Other tourers...
Heading back to Playa Guiones...
Trail map and reading glasses always close in hand...
I hear the waves crashing...getting close...
Home stretch...10:05am...

From snow to sun, every week of hiking brings me more adventure, personal insight and more intimate exposure to my surroundings...

Keep calm and get your hike on! 





No comments:

Post a Comment